1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Asking a question vs starting a thread

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by tag78, Oct 11, 2017.

1. tag78

tag78 New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

I'm not sure how to go about this...I don't really want to start a thread here, I just want a recommendation as to where to start - My intention is to start a threat as follows: "Building a "Fernandez Sustainer" type effect in the Helix?" Can someone suggest where I would do this? Thanks, Tom Whitworth (tag78)

Mike Francis likes this.
  2. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Not too sure you can do that type of effect without that hardware. You can raise action, use heavy compression & turn up your gain, but that would be limiting the scope of use (not good for clean applications)... but maybe that's all you want it for too. Or I guess use a Digitech Freqout pedal with a limiter or volume pedal after it? (or an e-bow maybe! lol)

Mike Francis and tag78 like this.
  3. mrcdboston

mrcdboston Administrator Staff Member Manufacturers Vendor Level 1 VIP ALL ACCESS

Just start a thread in the Helix section

https://thefriendlygearfreaks.com/forums/line-6-helix.247/

Mike Francis and tag78 like this.
  4. tag78

I have been rolling this around in my head since I posted it. It occurred to me that this, by it's nature, would take either a specific pup or some sort of hardware. I feel like a dummy for even presenting this one. Thanks for the confirmation.

Mike Francis likes this.
  5. tag78

I didn't see anything related to building presets and I didn't want to hijack anyone's thread. My ? didn't seem to follow the topics in the Helix section. Got my answer though - quick and simple. Thanks

Mike Francis likes this.