1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Best amps for using your Helix (or other Modeler)with?

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by Mike Francis, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

Guess this is a question and maybe different opinions I have tried several different kinds Tube amps Solid state to use my effects pedals with I used a Line 6 fx100 pedal board with a peavey vypr amp and i found that there wasnt a true clean channel so when i tried to do the modeling it was way off it interfered I recently bought a Firehawk 1500 amp it sounds amazing but Im concerned about taking it places im looking into getting another amp to use with the helix or the fx100 board but not sure what to get I had a crate mx120 but it has been having issues voltage drop ect is there an inecpensive durable amp that can work well with the helix and not have to worry about it messing up hope this makes sense feel free to comment on any suggestions I had thought about getting another peavey classic and also looked at the Fender Champion 100 watt amp thanks

2. Desdinova

Desdinova New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Around the house I use a Hafler, or maybe a Crown (not sure which is plugged in at that moment) into a pair of studio monitors (old school NS10M's). If I play out, I'll just plug into the PA. I like using the studio monitors at home cause music (back tracks, etc) sound nice through them at lower volume.

Mike Francis likes this.
  3. PeterHamm

PeterHamm 2-Voice Guitar Junkie VIP ALL ACCESS

I prefer FRFR with a modeler. I have preferred that for a LONG time (since original POD).

BigRalphN and Mike Francis like this.