1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Favorite Straps

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by OnTheBus, Oct 3, 2017.

1. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Ye ol' 4" Earth III Lightning Bolt strap I've had since early 90's hasn't been conquered yet. I guess it's like an old pair of slippers or something that probably, for me, can't be beat. :tired:

I can't try em all of course, but have tried a bunch & kept my eye out over the years but haven't found anything, even tho the Franklin, Gruv & Levy's are pretty great & are very comfy. I also wanna try a Moxie & Oliver for another like mine though too. The guy who ran Earth III died in early 90's & they quit soon after, but I saw they are going back into production by former employees (not sure if limited availability).

I know ya'll have your favorites... let's see em!
    Earth III-1.jpg

Mike Francis likes this.
  2. TimO

TimO New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Heistercamp!

www.heistercamp.co.uk

I have 2 but they are so amazing I keep trying to come up with excuses to get more.

In terms of pure comfort for weightier guitars though you can't beat the Mono Betty straps

Mike Francis likes this.
  3. BigRalphN

BigRalphN Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

I have mostly Jaykco straps. To quality. I have a couple Jaykco restomods where i sent in a couple Bobby Lee straps from the 60s that were in rough shape.They did a greeat job restoring them. I have a couple Original Fuzz straps and a couple Souldier seatbelt straps. I have two oddballs I bought on Etsy. The Jaykcos are my favorites.

4. Rogatien022

Rogatien022 New Member

I only use those Planet Waves "cheap" straps (cotton or woven straps I think?). They are enough for me, can't break'em and they are nice on the wallet. While I think those large leather straps look nice, I cannot stand them.

Mike Francis likes this.
  5. BigRalphN

Here are the two restored Bobby Lee straps that Jaykco did. jaykcorestos.jpg

Adam, Mike Francis and OnTheBus like this.
  6. BigRalphN

Here is another Jaykco 0516171117.jpg with my Kiesel Holdsworth

Adam, Mike Francis and OnTheBus like this.
  7. PeterHamm

PeterHamm 2-Voice Guitar Junkie VIP ALL ACCESS

I have an old no-name super wide cloth strap that is so comfy. No idea where it came from and if i ever find another, I’ll buy it.

OnTheBus likes this.
  8. Tom Spencer

Tom Spencer Supporting Member 1 Supporting Member Level 1

9. VERITECHC

VERITECHC Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

I also use the Planet Waves straps but the locking ones. They are very comfortable and lock to your guitar without needing to modify it at all.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...argid=kwd-301983144903&ref=pd_sl_3l93gxqvee_e

580132000999000-00-500x500.jpg

You can see the "Stars and Stripes" strap on my JTV-89f below:
    IMG_8083.jpg

10. Mike Keller

Mike Keller New Member

I keep a strap in each case, usally a Ernie Ball or Planet Waves or similar, but when I play live I use only one strap - a Levy's middle of the road leather padded that has a pouch for my guitar wireless attached. Fortunately all my guitars are similar enough that one straps work for them all on live shows. And schaller strap locks

Mike Francis and OnTheBus like this.
  11. eric harbauer

eric harbauer Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

Anthology for me.

Attached Files:

Mike Francis, BigRalphN and OnTheBus like this.
  12. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

YES! I'm def getting one of those or similar Anthology for xmas this year (and / or maybe a Moxie & Oliver too). Break any of those in real good & it's a lifer!

Mike Francis likes this.
  13. eric harbauer

eric harbauer Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

Ive had this one for at least 5 years. It's great!

Mike Francis likes this.
  14. Joepeggio

Joepeggio Member VIP ALL ACCESS

anything that is either, suede on inside, or a grippy cotton like material. I have a few semi hallow, etc, they prevent neck dive.

Mike Francis and BigRalphN like this.
  15. BigRalphN

That's why I like Jaykco. They use suede.

Adam and Mike Francis like this.
  16. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

I like the planet waves and suede straps not too costly

eric harbauer likes this.
  17. Guy zaidner

Guy zaidner New Member

Hey, I'm using hand made strap. its awesome...
    It has place for picks and slide (also picks pocket in the back)
    22424237_10154736028741415_3223773807644378164_o.jpg

BigRalphN and Mike Francis like this.
  18. BigRalphN

I guess all this adds another question? One strap or one for each guitar? It looks like both camps are in here. I tend to be one for each guitar.

Mike Francis likes this.
  19. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

i would like to have one for each guitar guess that is a goal i should set

20. BigRalphN

[​IMG] 1014171332b.jpg . 1014171333a.jpg . 1014171333b.jpg

I didn't realize I had accumulated so many. I guess when I sold half of my guitars when I got sick years back I kept the straps. In retirement (all my kids are grown) I have slowly built back up

mrcdboston and OnTheBus like this.
  21. BigRalphN

Nice Christmas gifts for the player.

22. Mike Francis

i really like the hand made one did you make this or find it somewhere ?

23. Guy zaidner

Guy zaidner New Member

I bought for someone who made it in Israel. i can send you her facebook she might send you one.

mrcdboston and Mike Francis like this.
  24. Mike Francis

yeah that would be awesome thanks

25. Guy zaidner

Guy zaidner New Member