1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Helix HX effects in Helix update

Discussion in 'NAMM 2018 Discussions' started by chaijen, Jan 25, 2018.

1. chaijen

chaijen New Member

Hi there,
    I am a little bit confused..or just a bit early ;-)

So there is the new Line 6 HX Effects.

Will all the effects from HX Effects b available for the Helix? Maybe in 2.50 update

I find it quite important as I loved my DL4 and I am really missing these sounds in my Helix, which I just got.

2. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

No worries.. It's other way around in that the HX will incorporate the Helix effects. According to their site "HX Effects includes the full array of Helix effects plus legacy effects from the M-Series and Stompbox Modeler pedals."

fyi... when new Helix firmware 2.50 is released VERY soon, it too will include the legacy L6 effects.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    chaijen and BigRalphN like this.
  3. BigRalphN

BigRalphN Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

I am not understanding why so many Helix users want one when they will have evrything in it. Now if it linked with the Helix and its settings were stored in a preset, then it is added DSP. I cant imagine every needing that crazy of a preset but i see people trying stuff i think is insane all of the time. lol. Too me the most simple patches normally sound the best.

OnTheBus likes this.
  4. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Exactly Ralph! It's odd how excited Helix users seem to be about it. I suppose for users that never use the amp models & want to streamline current Helix effect use it has appeal.