1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Kiesel Guitars Walk-Thru - Winter NAMM 2018 The Tone King

Discussion in 'NAMM 2018 Discussions' started by Mike Francis, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

2. BigRalphN

BigRalphN Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

I watched that live. I want one of the new Osiris models. Preferably with the new Berylium pickups that just came out as well. Though I did really dig that Zeus with a headstock too.. Anyone want to buy some Chapmans so I can get one?? LOL. Maybe a Reverend 12 String? (Sort of hate to part with that one though).

Mike Francis likes this.
  3. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

those are cool looking guitars

4. BigRalphN

5. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

hmmm... sounds verrrrry interesting but didn't see one with head-stock. Although it may look / feel too similar to my Aries since beveled & 25.5" scale? Only other thing is they don't offer either of them with anything under 14" radius & not be option50 (non returnable). My other two Carvin/Kiesels are 14" radius but I much prefer 12" for electrics. They do look killer though... get one Ralph! :tongueout:

6. BigRalphN

The headstock was shown briefly in the op video i believe, but only on the Zeus. I dont know if its an option on the Osiris. They might just say to get an Aries . i watched it live and they had some streaming issues so maybe it got cut out above. My Bolt has a 12 radius I like that on strats. Radius never made much of a difference to me. After having a Holdsworth headless and an Aries Multiscale with 20 inch radii I dont think either would play or feel as well with lessthan 14 which, if I recall, was talked about by Jeff in a video. The Osiris is just slightly different than he Aries.

7. BigRalphN

It will be a bit bedore I get one. I need to sell my Chapmans and maybe my Reverend 12 string (thoughmimsortof want to keep the 12). I have a real nice Vintage I would sell but know one in the US knows the brand. ihve tried twicw with zero interest except extreme lowball offers. i will keep it. Its very nice. I just play my Kiesels.

8. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

yeah electric's radius used to not matter but psoratic arthritis changes life drastically, & just that slight radius curve really translates to longer time before pain gets too bad. Play comfort is super critical for me. My entire method & style has had to really change too on electric. It's kinda odd tho because on acoustic I do a lot of flatpicking bg fiddle tunes, & the nature of that playing (without really holding long time per note) actually doesn't hurt as quick even though all my acoustic radii are at 16" (& some have wider 1.75" nut). It's just a style thing... when playing an electric more chord holds & intricate positions are hard to do very long at all.

& I'm guessing the headstock on a headless is prob an option50, & really would look like an Aries with added bevel behind bridge too. What I want is another 25" scale guitar with 12" radius (but not another PRS).

9. BigRalphN

Sorry to hear that. I do understand. I am not without issues. Sarcoidosis has caused nerve damage and I get rheumatoid Type pain. I also have Dupuytren's in both hands and while my left pinkie is starting to curl a little it hasn't affected me as much as I thought it would.

OnTheBus likes this.