1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

NGD: Fender Elite Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars - Electric' started by Eric Ritter, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Eric Ritter

Eric Ritter Member VIP ALL ACCESS

I ordered this a little over a week ago, but today was the first chance I've had to unbox it and give it a whirl (I was on the road).

And I love this Strat! I'm not much if a Fender guy because the Strats I've played in the past just didn't do it for me. Mainly because of the necks. Well, before I ordered this one I was in a GC that had an Elite Strat on display, and I actually liked the neck on it. The profile is a little weird, but once you play on it a little bit, it feels pretty good (it tapers from a D at the nut to a C the further up you go). And I really like the compound radius (something I've always liked about my Jacksons and Charvel). And the N4 pickups sound great! I'm not much if an aficionado on single coils, but I like them! And I'm sure that the ash body is part of it too. It has some of the tones I've been missing from my guitar collection. It's a very lively sounding guitar, even unplugged.

And those speakers in the background are also new goodies. A pair of JBL PRX 835Ws. Won't have the house to myself for at least a week, so I can't try them yet, but when I do, I'll post a write-up. Got 'em for my Helix.

2. OnTheBus

OnTheBus Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

that looks sweet man. LOVE the burst! is it honey? and clips please!
    Mike Francis likes this.
  3. Eric Ritter

Thanks, Fender calls it tobacco burst. But in Gibson terms, it's more like a honey or light burst.
  4. JB Eckl

JB Eckl New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

I got one too. Been playing it for 6 months. These guitars are not cheap but they definitely have the THING. First new Fender I’ve bought in decades. Not one second of regret!

I love the rolled edge on the neck - makes it feel broken in. The whole guitar screams ‘rock solid.’
    Eric Ritter likes this.
  5. Eric Ritter

Yeah, I'm definitely glad that I stuck to the "buy once, cry once" theory. It's turned out to be a great guitar. The only thing I'm going to change is to get one of those pickguards from Warmoth that moves the volume away from the strings. I know about the foam trick, but I'd still like it moved.
  6. Underbelli

Underbelli New Member

The Fender pro and elite lines have really hit the nail on the head. The neck radius and compound coupled with the narrow tall frets (for pro) or medium jumbo (for elite) and the satin finish make them sooooo nice to play.

Also, i love the way Tim Shaw voiced the pickups. The shawbuckers are super clear and rich sounding, they roar very nicely and clean up very well. I'm gassing for a strat now but i just bought this tele haha >.<
    Eric Ritter likes this.