1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Personal Introduction

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by gdhi11, Nov 9, 2017.

1. gdhi11

gdhi11 New Member

Hello All,

I'm joining this forum right now as an ex-patriot from several facebook groups where I was basically being hunted by crazies with pitchforks and torches for starting a podcast with another individual who was not universally liked in the circles I was a part of. I'm looking forward to posting more here, and it seems like as good a community as any.

I'm a recent convert back to the world of digital modelling but have been playing for 17 years in all kinds of different situations. Nowadays, I'm mostly a home studio guy running a Helix, Mark V 25 with either a G&L S-500 or Gibson SG out front. My current recording project is as part of a duo called Black Death Doctors.

If anyone is interested, you can find my podcast at http://thepracticalguitaristpodcast.podbean.com

I'm absolutely committed to providing podcasts that are focused/devoted to the topics that the guitar community at large are discussing, and we are not just focused on gear either! If there is something we are talking about in here--don't be surprised if we don't discuss it on our show.

If this is not appropriate to post here, please let me know and I'll take it down or move it to a more appropriate spot.

eric harbauer and Mike Francis like this.
  2. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

gdhi11 you are welcome here post and have fun you will find a great source of knowledge and diverse backgrounds and friends here and post your stuff as well promote your stuff and gear and if your knowledgeable im sure you are feel free to help or comment on anything no trolls with pick-forks here lol ill check out you podcast too and welcome to the world of friendlygearfreaks

3. gdhi11

gdhi11 New Member

Yeah, some of the groups specifically 60 Cycle Hum and Gear Slum are pretty much the Wild West in terms of trolls. I’m still affiliated as a contributor with 60 CH, but I dropped pretty much every other group except their pay-only club.

I do run a group for learning and sharing ideas called the guitar resource collective, but I’m really glad to be expanding my horizons into saner pastures.

Mike Francis and eric harbauer like this.
  4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member VIP ALL ACCESS

This isn't just a problem with those groups, it's a problem with Facebook in general. I find in my opinion that more useful information and knowledgable people tend to gravitate towards forums. Facebook has it's share of knowledgable people, but there's also lots of trolls and idiots. That's just something that comes along with the whole "social media" aspect of it.

Mike Francis and eric harbauer like this.
  5. eric harbauer

eric harbauer Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

I've grown tired of much of the nonsense on FB.

Chris and Mike Francis like this.