1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Signature pickup prototype - So pumped.

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by The Law, Apr 16, 2018.

1. The Law

The Law New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

I've been working with a guy that handwinds pickups out of a small shop in Nevada. It was one of those things where "It might be good...but who knows how consistent these will be or if they are really any better.." but I'm glad that I took a chance on them because as a result, I got my hands on about 20 bridge and neck humbuckers that do every bit that any Duncan, DiMarzio and Bareknuckle I have owned, if not a little better. These are the same pickups that MacPherson Guitars uses in almost all of their guitars:

https://reverb.com/item/11106999-macpherson-the-rogue-2017

Anyways...JobeTone ended up making me a surprise pickup based off of my preferences. This is strictly a prototype at this time. I can't wait to try this out! :fearscream:

If you ever want to get one to try, this overview may help 'ya: I like the Yellow Jacket in the bridge and Hornet in the neck position, personally. The YJ sounds like a cleaner JB/Custom mixture at about 14.2k and the Hornet sounds like a YJM mixed with a 59 at about 12k. I liked this combination so much that I decided to put them in all of my live guitars and my other guitar player ordered a few as well. Extremely clear and responsive pickups. Quality control and turnover time is on point too. These pickups are pretty dang cheap too at around $70 to start...then if you want anything fun, I think that might be where the price goes up a bit but I think it's what sets these apart from a lot of other options too...just pleasing to look at. :tearsofjoy:

I don't know - Could be a good option for you folks if you ever want to try something new! :smiley:

Attached Files:

RLee likes this.
  2. BigRalphN

BigRalphN Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

I may look into these. Thanks.

3. Eric Ritter

Eric Ritter Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Congrats, man!

4. BigRalphN

BigRalphN Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

Very cool

5. RLee