1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

SYNERGY Products

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by The Law, Nov 28, 2017.

1. The Law

The Law New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

Good day!

I'm planning to replace the power amp in my rack (Carvin Legacy 3) with another tube power amp.
    My question is, who has hands-on experience with the SYNERGY SYN-5050? The amp was designed by Stevie Fryette and licensed out, to my understanding. I talked to someone from Fryette today and I'm trying to find out when the Fryette LXII will be launching because I think I'd like that better.
    The SYN-5050 is more "squishy" per the gent at Fryette, but they're quite similar amps.

Another thing I want to do is pair the SYN-2 with Helix Rack as well, so I can have some genuine Friedman pre's. Has anyone tried those? The design was purchased by Randall/Bogner and reworked over 4 years to be what it is now, apparently. It sounds extremely close to the real amps over video but it's not the same as having hands-on time, so I'm looking to you folks for help.

Seeking any opinions on this stuff.

Cheers!

Mike Francis likes this.
  2. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

Ill share hopefully youll get some answers you need The Law :sunglasses:

3. JerEvil

JerEvil Member Supporting Member Level 1

Man I am really looking into these as well. mainly the Syn-2. I own a Dirty Shirley 40 and will be getting the BR50 Deluxe early next year so my Friedman GAS is covered BUT, Bogner, Fryett and Engl have new modules coming. I want to grab the Diezel one for sure. I will definitely be checking these out at NAMM.

Sweet water is carrying the line now and my card there is almost paid off...

Mike Francis likes this.
  4. The Law

The Law New Member VIP ALL ACCESS

I hate to revive this thread but figured someone may have already had some hands on experience or learned more, at the very least. I have found that the Fryette Amp's route is not going to be my choice. Sticking with either A) Another Legacy 3 Power Amp or B) Synergy SYN5050 (despite it's lack of output volume) - should be fine for what I need.