1. This is a fantastic community based on a FRIENDLY community environment. Please register for your account. Simple - Easy - Fun!

Thank You

Umanov in NYC is closing

Discussion in 'General Gear Talk' started by Rogatien022, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Rogatien022

Rogatien022 New Member

Being from Montreal, it's not a long drive to NYC. So I've been 4-5 times in that nice brick & mortar music store in the West Village. Kinda sad really, it's a really nice place with knowledgeable employees. Can't fight internet sales I guess.

It's going to remain open until January 2018, probably to sell the most if not the entire gear that's in store.

I never got the chance to go to Manny's, but been many, many times at Rudy's right in front it. Sadly that location closed about 2 or 3 years ago, they operate in lower Manhattan I think. Been to Ludlow's a few times, as well as 30th St Guitars...

Sad to see another go, one day we won't have the pleasure to go into a real store to try out instruments, they are all going to die with the online shopping.

Mike Francis and mrcdboston like this.
  2. eric harbauer

eric harbauer Enthusiast VIP ALL ACCESS

Bought my first new guitar at Manny's. It was a great store.

3. Mike Francis

Mike Francis At Home Guitar hero (to my kids) Staff Member Supporting Member Level 1

too often local music stores close I was told by an insider at one of the local store that manufacturers put too many requirements on local stores mostly the amount you have to spend outweighs the amount you can sell My opinion is this I think some manufacturers are out of touch with what it cost to operate a small business not all of them but a lot think their product are so amazing that people will just have to have it online sales also hurts some because you can get it shipped to you for the same price but sometimes I would rather pick up the guitar and before i commit to buy it not a rant its sad to see stores go out of business

mrcdboston likes this.